I am working on a PR that allows one to send the same spark listener event message back to the application in yarn cluster mode.

So far I have put this function in our application, our UI will receive and display the same spark job event message such as progress, job start, completed etc

Essentially, it establish a communication channel , you can send over progress, messages and detailed exceptions from spark job inside yarn to your application, on you application side , you can display , or log, make use it in other ways.

You can send send message to the running spark job via the channel.

I will cleanup the code and send PR soon

Chester
Alpine Data Lab

Sent from my iPhone