spark-user mailing list archives

From freedafeng <freedaf...@yahoo.com>
Subject EC2 cluster set up and access to HBase in a different cluster
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:46:42 GMT
The plan is to create an EC2 cluster and run the (py) spark on it. Input data
is from s3, output data goes to an hbase in a persistent cluster (also EC2).
My questions are:

1. I need to install some software packages on all the workers (sudo apt-get
install ...). Is there a better way to do this than going to every node to
manually install them?

2. I assume the spark can access the hbase which is in a different cluster.
Am I correct? if yes, how?

Thanks!