spark-user mailing list archives

From nitinkak001 <nitinkak...@gmail.com>
Subject Does JavaSchemaRDD inherit the Hive partitioning of data?
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 23:34:26 GMT
Would the rdd resulting from the below query be partitioned on GEO_REGION,
GEO_COUNTRY? I ran some tests(using mapPartitions on the resulting RDD) and
seems that there are always 50 partitions generated while there should be
around 1000.

/"SELECT * FROM spark_poc.<table_name>DISTRIBUTE BY GEO_REGION, GEO_COUNTRY
SORT BY IP_ADDRESS, COOKIE_ID"/

If not, how can I partition the data based on an attribute/combination of
attributes in data.