spark-user mailing list archives

From Silvina CaĆ­no Lores <silvi.ca...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark and tree data structures
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 13:07:12 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to use an octree data structure in order to simplify several
computations in a big data set. I've been wondering if Spark has any
built-in options for such structures (the only thing I could find is the
DecisionTree), specially if they make use of RDDs.

I've also been exploring the possibility of using key-value pairs to
simulate a tree's structure within an RDD, but this makes the program a lot
harder to understand and limits my options when processing the data.

Any advice is very welcome, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Silvina