spark-user mailing list archives

From Jianshi Huang <jianshi.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject Spray client reports Exception: akka.actor.ActorSystem.dispatcher()Lscala/concurrent/ExecutionContext
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 10:02:48 GMT
Hi,

I got the following exceptions when using Spray client to write to OpenTSDB
using its REST API.

  Exception in thread "pool-10-thread-2" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
akka.actor.ActorSystem.dispatcher()Lscala/concurrent/ExecutionContext;

It worked locally in my Intellij but failed when I launch it from
Spark-submit.

Google suggested it's a compatibility issue in Akka. And I'm using latest
Spark built from the HEAD, so the Akka used in Spark-submit is 2.3.4-spark.

I tried both Spray 1.3.2 (built for Akka 2.3.6) and 1.3.1 (built for
2.3.4). Both failed with the same exception.

Anyone has idea what went wrong? Need help!

--
Jianshi Huang

LinkedIn: jianshi
Twitter: @jshuang