spark-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Or <and...@databricks.com>
Subject Re: executors not created yarn-cluster mode
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 20:38:20 GMT
Hi Jamborta,

It could be that your executors are requesting too much memory. I'm not
sure why it works in client mode but not in cluster mode, however. Have you
checked the RM logs for messages that complain about container memory
requested being too high? How much memory is each of your container asking
for (check AM logs for this)? As a sanity check you could try lowering the
executor memory to see if that's in fact the issue. Another factor at play
here is "spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead", which adds to the amount of
memory requested and is 348MB by default.

Let me know if you find anything,
-Andrew