So, Im using Intellij 13.x, and Scala Spark jobs.

Make sure you have singletons (objects, not classes), then simply debug the main function.  You’ll need to set your master to some derivation of “local”, but thats it.  Spark Streaming is kinda wonky when debugging, but data-at-rest behaves like you’d expect.

hth

mn