Hi Greg,

It does seem like a bug. What is the particular exception message that you see?

Andrew

So, I think this is a bug, but I wanted to get some feedback before I reported it as such.  On Spark on YARN, 1.1.0, if you specify the --driver-memory value to be higher than the memory available on the client machine, Spark errors out due to failing to allocate enough memory.  This happens even in yarn-cluster mode.  Shouldn't it only allocate that memory on the YARN node that is going to run the driver process, not the local client machine?

Greg