spark-user mailing list archives

From "Yiming \(John\) Zhang" <sdi...@gmail.com>
Subject re: How to incrementally compile spark examples using mvn
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:02:23 GMT
Thank you, Marcelo and Sean, "mvn install" is a good answer for my demands.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Marcelo Vanzin [mailto:vanzin@cloudera.com]
发送时间: 2014年11月21日 1:47
收件人: yiming zhang
抄送: Sean Owen; user@spark.apache.org
主题: Re: How to incrementally compile spark examples using mvn

Hi Yiming,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Yiming (John) Zhang <sdiris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I was wondering whether there is a method of reusing locally-built
components without installing them? That is, if I have successfully built the spark project
as a whole, how should I configure it so that I can incrementally build (only) the "spark-examples"
sub project without the need of downloading or installation?

As Sean suggest, you shouldn't need to install anything. After "mvn install", your local repo
is a working Spark installation, and you can use spark-submit and other tool directly within
it.

You just need to remember to rebuild the assembly/ project when modifying Spark code (or the
examples/ project when modifying examples).

--
Marcelo