spark-user mailing list archives

From Mohammed Guller <moham...@glassbeam.com>
Subject querying data from Cassandra through the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:11:22 GMT
Hi - I was curious if anyone is using the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server with Cassandra. It would
be great be if you could share how you got it working? For example, what config changes have
to be done in hive-site.xml, what additional jars are required, etc.?

I have a Spark app that can programmatically query data from Cassandra using Spark SQL and
Spark-Cassandra-Connector. No problem there, but I couldn't find any documentation for using
the Thrift JDBC server for querying data from Cassandra.

Thanks,
Mohammed