spark-user mailing list archives

From Mohammed Guller <moham...@glassbeam.com>
Subject RE: querying data from Cassandra through the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 01:34:44 GMT
Thanks, Cheng.

As an FYI for others trying to integrate Spark SQL JDBC server with Cassandra - I ended up
using CalliopeServer2, which extends the Thrift Server and it was really straightforward.

Mohammed

From: Cheng Lian [mailto:lian.cs.zju@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:54 AM
To: Mohammed Guller; user@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: querying data from Cassandra through the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server

This thread might be helpful http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/tableau-spark-sql-cassandra-tp19282.html
On 11/20/14 4:11 AM, Mohammed Guller wrote:
Hi - I was curious if anyone is using the Spark SQL Thrift JDBC server with Cassandra. It
would be great be if you could share how you got it working? For example, what config changes
have to be done in hive-site.xml, what additional jars are required, etc.?

I have a Spark app that can programmatically query data from Cassandra using Spark SQL and
Spark-Cassandra-Connector. No problem there, but I couldn't find any documentation for using
the Thrift JDBC server for querying data from Cassandra.

Thanks,
Mohammed