spark-user mailing list archives

From Nan Zhu <zhunanmcg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Workers not registering after master restart
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 23:26:48 GMT
Hi, Ashic,

this is expected for the latest released version

However, workers should be able to re-register since 1.2, since this patch https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/2828
was merged

Best,

--
Nan Zhu

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Ashic Mahtab wrote:

> Hi,
> I've set up a standalone Spark master (no failover or file recovery specified), and brought
up a few worker nodes. All of them registered and were shown in the master web UI. I then
stopped and started the master service (the workers were still running). After the master
started up, I checked the web UI and none of the workers were registered. I then stopped and
started each worker and they registered with the master again.

> My question is - is this expected? Is there a timeout after which the worker would have
rejoined the master? Or is the only way to ensure workers rejoin is to run master failover
 or file based recovery for the master?