spark-user mailing list archives

From jelgh <johannes.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting Parts of Iterables in Function's call method
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:33:36 GMT
Hello,

I run groupBy on a JavaRDD<MyClass> so that I get a JavaPairRDD<String,
Iterable&lt;MyClass>>.

If I then run for instance a reduceByKey, could I get a partitions of the
grouped Iterable in the reduce function's call method? Or will I always get
a full group's Iterable?

If you always get a full group's Iterable, you know you have all data, but
performance-wise it might be really bad--meaning you have to be careful and
know your dataset well before grouping and performing actions on it. Right?

Thanks,
Johannes