spark-user mailing list archives

From MEETHU MATHEW <meethu2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Is there a step-by-step instruction on how to build Spark App with IntelliJ IDEA?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 08:20:14 GMT
Hi Akhil,
It worked.."You might want to restart intelliJ sometime to get the dependencies pulled from
the build.sbt file." This  helped really Thanks & Regards,
Meethu M

     On Monday, 10 November 2014 4:58 PM, Akhil Das <akhil@sigmoidanalytics.com> wrote:

 Hi Meethu,
You can install IntelliJ IDE rather than eclipse which has a lot more community support
and features. Once you install it, follow this simple post to get started with scala. Now
you have an IDE which works with Scala, Then for Spark Follow the below steps:
1. Install sbt plugins: Goto File -> Settings -> Plugins -> Install IntelliJ Plugins
-> Search for sbt and install it

2. After sbt plugin install, restart intellij and Start New Scala sbt project (File ->
New Project -> Scala -> SBT

3. Now open up the build.sbt file and add the all the dependencies(Here i'm adding spark 1.1.0
with hadoop 2.4.0 dependency)

4. Now Create a new Scala class in src -> main -> scala and type in your code.
5. Right click and hit Run :)

Let me know how it goes. You might want to restart intelliJ sometime to get the dependencies
pulled from the build.sbt file.

ThanksBest Regards