spark-user mailing list archives

From "Bui, Tri" <Tri....@VerizonWireless.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Read a HDFS file from Spark using HDFS API
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:48:02 GMT
It should be

val file = sc.textFile("hdfs:///localhost:9000/sigmoid/input.txt")

3 “///”

Thanks
Tri

From: rapelly kartheek [mailto:kartheek.mbms@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 9:42 AM
To: Akhil Das; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Read a HDFS file from Spark using HDFS API

No. I am not accessing hdfs from either shell or a spark application. I want to access from
spark "Scheduler code".

I face an error when I use sc.textFile() as SparkContext wouldn't have been created yet. So,
error says: "sc not found".

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Akhil Das <akhil@sigmoidanalytics.com<mailto:akhil@sigmoidanalytics.com>>