spark-user mailing list archives

From Zhan Zhang <zzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Spark SQL Hive Version
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 05:16:35 GMT
The original spark-project hive-0.13.1 has some problem with packaging causing version conflicts,
and hive-0.13.1a is repackaged to solve the problem. They share the same official hive source
code release 0.13.1, with unnecessary package removed from the original official hive release
package. You can refer to https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/2685 for the whole story.

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang

On Nov 5, 2014, at 4:47 PM, Cheng, Hao <hao.cheng@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi, all, I noticed that when compiling the SparkSQL with profile “hive-0.13.1”, it
will fetch the Hive version of 0.13.1a under groupId “org.spark-project.hive”, what’s
the difference with the one of “org.apache.hive”? And where can I get the source code
for re-compiling?

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE