spark-user mailing list archives

From "Zalzberg, Idan (Agoda)" <Idan.Zalzb...@agoda.com>
Subject Backporting spark 1.1.0 to CDH 5.1.3
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:58:24 GMT
Hello,
I have a big cluster running CDH 5.1.3 which I can't upgrade to 5.2.0 at the current time.
I would like to run Spark-On-Yarn in that cluster.

I tried to compile spark with CDH-5.1.3 and I got HDFS to work but I am having problems with
the connection to hive:

java.sql.SQLException: Could not establish connection to jdbc:hive2://localhost.localdomain:10000/:
Required field 'serverProtocolVersion' is unset! Struct:TOpenSessionResp(status:TStatus(statusCode:SUCCESS_STATUS),
serverProtocolVersion:null, sessionHandle:TSessionHandle(sessionId:THandleIdentifier(guid:C7
86 85 3D 38 91 41 A1 AF 02 83 DA 80 74 A5 B1, secret:62 80 00
99 D6 73 48 9B 81 13 FB D7 DB 32 32 26)), configuration:{})
[info]   at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.openSession(HiveConnection.java:246)
[info]   at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection.<init>(HiveConnection.java:132)
[info]   at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver.connect(HiveDriver.java:105)
[info]   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)
[info]   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215)
[info]   at com.agoda.mse.hadooputils.HiveTools$.getHiveConnection(HiveTools.scala:135)
[info]   at com.agoda.mse.hadooputils.HiveTools$.withConnection(HiveTools.scala:19)
[info]   at com.agoda.mse.hadooputils.HiveTools$.withStatement(HiveTools.scala:30)
[info]   at com.agoda.mse.hadooputils.HiveTools$.copyFileToHdfsThenRunQuery(HiveTools.scala:110)
[info]   at SparkAssemblyTest$$anonfun$4.apply$mcV$sp(SparkAssemblyTest.scala:41)

This happens when I try to create a hive connection myself, using the hive-jdbc-cdh5.1.3 package
( I can connect if I don't have the spark in the classpath)

How can I get spark jar to be consistent with hive-jdbc for CDH5.1.3?

Thanks

This message is confidential and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may
also be privileged or otherwise protected by copyright or other legal rules. If you have received
it by mistake please let us know by reply email and delete it from your system. It is prohibited
to copy this message or disclose its content to anyone. Any confidentiality or privilege is
not waived or lost by any mistaken delivery or unauthorized disclosure of the message. All
messages sent to and from Agoda may be monitored to ensure compliance with company policies,
to protect the company's interests and to remove potential malware. Electronic messages may
be intercepted, amended, lost or deleted, or contain viruses.