spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: do not assemble the spark example jar
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 04:32:00 GMT
BTW as another tip, it helps to keep the SBT console open as you make source changes (by just
running sbt/sbt with no args). It's a lot faster the second time it builds something.

Matei

> On Nov 25, 2014, at 8:31 PM, Matei Zaharia <matei.zaharia@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You can do sbt/sbt assembly/assembly to assemble only the main package.
>
> Matei
>
>> On Nov 25, 2014, at 7:50 PM, lihu <lihu723@gmail.com <mailto:lihu723@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>     The spark assembly is time costly. If  I only need the spark-assembly-1.1.0-hadoop2.3.0.jar,
do not need the spark-examples-1.1.0-hadoop2.3.0.jar.  How to configure the spark to avoid
assemble the example jar. I know export SPARK_PREPEND_CLASSES=true method can reduce the assembly,
but I do not