spark-user mailing list archives

From Michael Allman <mich...@videoamp.com>
Subject independent user sessions with a multi-user spark sql thriftserver (Spark 1.1)
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:01:54 GMT
Hello,

We're running a spark sql thriftserver that several users connect to with beeline. One limitation
we've run into is that the current working database (set with "use <db>") is shared
across all connections. So changing the database on one connection changes the database for
all connections. This is also the case for spark sql settings, but that's less of an issue.
Is there a way (or a hack) to make the current database selection independent for each beeline
connection? I'm not afraid to hack into the source code if there's a straightforward fix/workaround,
but I could use some guidance on what to hack on if that's required.

Thank you!

Michael