spark-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to incrementally compile spark examples using mvn
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:47:17 GMT
Hi Yiming,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Yiming (John) Zhang <sdiris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I was wondering whether there is a method of reusing locally-built
components without installing them? That is, if I have successfully built the spark project
as a whole, how should I configure it so that I can incrementally build (only) the "spark-examples"
sub project without the need of downloading or installation?

As Sean suggest, you shouldn't need to install anything. After "mvn
install", your local repo is a working Spark installation, and you can
use spark-submit and other tool directly within it.

You just need to remember to rebuild the assembly/ project when
modifying Spark code (or the examples/ project when modifying
examples).

--
Marcelo