spark-user mailing list archives

From Niko Gamulin <niko.gamu...@gmail.com>
Subject unable to run streaming
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:06:23 GMT
Hi,

I have tried to run basic streaming example (
https://spark.apache.org/docs/1.1.0/streaming-programming-guide.html)

I have established two ssh connections to the machine where spark is
installed. In one terminal, I have started netcat with command

nc -lk 9999

In other terminal I have run the command

./bin/run-example streaming.NetworkWordCount localhost 9999

I get the following error and haven't managed to diagnose the cause:

14/11/13 13:03:43 ERROR ReceiverTracker: Deregistered receiver for stream
0: Restarting receiver with delay 2000ms: Error connecting to
localhost:9999 - java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391)
        at
org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.SocketReceiver.receive(SocketInputDStream.scala:71)
        at
org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.SocketReceiver$$anon$2.run(SocketInputDStream.scala:57)

Time: 1415880224000 ms

If anyone encountered the same problem and solved the issue, I would be
very thankful if you could describe how to solve the problem or what could
cause it.

Best regards,

Niko