spark-user mailing list archives

From Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>
Subject Re: Is there a step-by-step instruction on how to build Spark App with IntelliJ IDEA?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:22:22 GMT
Hi Meethu,

You can install IntelliJ IDE
<http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/scala.html> rather than eclipse
which has a lot more community support and features. Once you install it,
follow this simple post
<http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/IntelliJIDEA/Scala> to get started
with scala. Now you have an IDE which works with Scala, Then for Spark
Follow the below steps:

*1. Install sbt plugins: *Goto File -> Settings -> Plugins -> Install
IntelliJ Plugins -> Search for sbt and install it
[image: Inline image 1]

*2. After sbt plugin install, restart intellij and Start New Scala sbt
project (File -> New Project -> Scala -> SBT*

*[image: Inline image 2]*

*[image: Inline image 3]*

*3. Now open up the build.sbt file and add the all the dependencies(Here
i'm adding spark 1.1.0 with hadoop 2.4.0 dependency)*

*[image: Inline image 4]*

*4. Now Create a new Scala class in src -> main -> scala and type in your
code.*

*[image: Inline image 6]*
*5. Right click and hit Run :)*

*[image: Inline image 7]*

*[image: Inline image 8]*

Let me know how it goes. You might want to restart intelliJ sometime to get
the dependencies pulled from the build.sbt file.

Thanks
Best Regards