spark-user mailing list archives

Subject Kafka Consumer in Spark Streaming
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 05:57:20 GMT
I've following code in my program.  I don't get any error, but it's not
consuming the messages either.  Shouldn't the following code print the line
in the 'call' method?  What am I missing?

Please help.  Thanks.

        JavaStreamingContext ssc = new JavaStreamingContext(sparkConf, new
Duration(60 * 1 * 1000));

        JavaPairReceiverInputDStream tweets = KafkaUtils.createStream(ssc,
"<machine>:2181", "1", map);

        JavaDStream<String> statuses = tweets.map(
                new Function<String, String>() {
                    public String call(String status) {
                        System.out.println(status);
                        return status;