spark-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Error: Unrecognized option '--conf' (trying to set auto.offset.reset)
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 22:17:52 GMT
First, the --conf error: What version of Spark? I don't think some of
these existed before 1.1 so that may be the issue. This is all on one
line I assume. Quoting is not an issue here.

The real issue is that auto.reset.offset is indeed a Kafka option.
It's not a system property; if it were, you could set this for the
Spark driver/executor with a different set of options.

You actually have to set this in your code, where you configure the
Spark Streaming Kafka DStream. It's an extra key-value pair you put
into the config Map.