spark-user mailing list archives

From Tathagata Das <tathagata.das1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark Custom Receiver
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 01:30:19 GMT
Haha, there is a actor-based messaging path that exists between the
driver (see ReceiverTracker) and the Receiver (see
ReceiverSupervisorImpl). But none of that is exposed to the public
API. So either you could hack in Spark Streaming code to expose that,
or it might be better to setup you own actor in the custom receiver,
and communicate with another actor in the application driver.

Does that make sense?