spark-user mailing list archives

From "Laird, Benjamin" <Benjamin.La...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: ISpark class not found
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:26:06 GMT
Sounds like ipython notebook issue, not an ISpark one. Might want to reinstall "pip install
ipython[notebook]", which will grab the notebook necessary components like tornado.

Try spinning up ispark console instead of notebook to see if the ISpark kernel is functioning.
ipython console —profile spark

From: MEETHU MATHEW <meethu2006@yahoo.co.in<mailto:meethu2006@yahoo.co.in>>
Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 2:26 AM
To: Capital One <Benjamin.Laird@capitalone.com<mailto:Benjamin.Laird@capitalone.com>>,
"user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>" <user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: ISpark class not found

Hi,

I was also trying Ispark..But I couldnt even start the notebook..I am getting the following
error.

ERROR:tornado.access:500 POST /api/sessions (127.0.0.1) 10.15ms referer=http://localhost:8888/notebooks/Scala/Untitled0.ipynb

How did you start the notebook?

Thanks & Regards,
Meethu M

On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 6:50 AM, "Laird, Benjamin" <Benjamin.Laird@capitalone.com<mailto:Benjamin.Laird@capitalone.com>>
wrote:

I've been experimenting with the ISpark extension to IScala (https://github.com/tribbloid/ISpark)

Objects created in the REPL are not being loaded correctly on worker nodes, leading to a ClassNotFound
exception. This does work correctly in spark-shell.

I was curious if anyone has used ISpark and has encountered this issue. Thanks!

Simple example:

In [1]: case class Circle(rad:Float)

In [2]: val rdd = sc.parallelize(1 to 10000).map(i=>Circle(i.toFloat)).take(10)

14/11/11 13:03:35 ERROR TaskResultGetter: Exception while getting task result
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException: Unable to find class: [L$line5.$read$$iwC$$iwC$Circle;

Full trace in my gist: https://gist.github.com/benjaminlaird/3e543a9a89fb499a3a14

and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from your computer.