spark-user mailing list archives

From Steve Reinhardt <...@yarcdata.com>
Subject Re: "overloaded method value updateStateByKey ... cannot be applied to ..." when Key is a Tuple2
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 01:04:01 GMT
I'm missing something simpler (I think).  That is, why do I need a Some instead of Tuple2?
 Because a Some might or might not be there, but a Tuple2 must be there?  Or something like
that?

From: Adrian Mocanu <amocanu@verticalscope.com<mailto:amocanu@verticalscope.com>>

You are correct; the filtering I’m talking about is done implicitly. You don’t have to
do it yourself. Spark will do it for you and remove those entries from the state collection.

From: Yana Kadiyska [mailto:yana.kadiyska@gmail.com]

Adrian, do you know if this is documented somewhere? I was also under the impression that
setting a key's value to None would cause the key to be discarded (without any explicit filtering
on the user's part) but can not find any official documentation to that effect

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Adrian Mocanu <amocanu@verticalscope.com<mailto:amocanu@verticalscope.com>>