spark-user mailing list archives

From Ashic Mahtab <as...@live.com>
Subject RE: Workers not registering after master restart
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 00:37:08 GMT
Hi Nan,Cool. Thanks.
Regards,Ashic.
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 18:26:48 -0500
From: zhunanmcgill@gmail.com
To: ashic@live.com
CC: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Workers not registering after master restart

                    Hi, Ashic,
this is expected for the latest released version

However, workers should be able to re-register since 1.2, since this patch https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/2828
was merged
Best,

-- Nan Zhu

                On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Ashic Mahtab wrote:

Hi,I've set up a standalone Spark master (no failover or file recovery specified), and brought
up a few worker nodes. All of them registered and were shown in the master web UI. I then
stopped and started the master service (the workers were still running). After the master
started up, I checked the web UI and none of the workers were registered. I then stopped and
started each worker and they registered with the master again.
My question is - is this expected? Is there a timeout after which the worker would have rejoined
the master? Or is the only way to ensure workers rejoin is to run master failover  or file
based recovery for the master?
Thanks,Ashic.