Hi, Ashic,

this is expected for the latest released version

However, workers should be able to re-register since 1.2, since this patch https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/2828 was merged

Best,

--
Nan Zhu

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Ashic Mahtab wrote:

Hi,
I've set up a standalone Spark master (no failover or file recovery specified), and brought up a few worker nodes. All of them registered and were shown in the master web UI. I then stopped and started the master service (the workers were still running). After the master started up, I checked the web UI and none of the workers were registered. I then stopped and started each worker and they registered with the master again.

My question is - is this expected? Is there a timeout after which the worker would have rejoined the master? Or is the only way to ensure workers rejoin is to run master failover  or file based recovery for the master?

Thanks,
Ashic.