Hi,

I am using spark-submit to submit my application jar to a YARN cluster.  I want to deliver a single jar file to my users, so I would like to avoid to tell them "also, please put that log4j.xml file somewhere and add that path to the spark-submit command".

I thought it would be sufficient that my application jar file contains a log4j.xml file, but that does not seem to be the case.  If I don't add a log4j.xml file to the classpath before launching spark-submit, the one bundled with spark will be used -- which has a negative influence on my program execution.  Is there any way I can tell spark-submit to use the log4j configuration bundled in my jar file?

Thanks
Tobias