spark-user mailing list archives

From jamborta <jambo...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark with Hive cluster dependencies
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 16:27:35 GMT
Hi all,

We have been building a system where we heavily reply on hive queries
executed through spark to load and manipulate data, running on CDH and yarn.
I have been trying to explore lighter setups where we would not have to
maintain a hadoop cluster, just run the system on spark only.

Is it possible to run spark standalone, and setup hive alongside, without
the hadoop cluster? if not, any suggestion how we can replicate the
convenience of hive tables (and hive sql) without hive?

thanks,