spark-user mailing list archives

From ey-chih chow <eyc...@hotmail.com>
Subject issue with spark-ec2 of spark release 1.1.0
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 20:39:31 GMT
Hi.

I used the following command to launch a ec2 cluster:
./spark-ec2 -k weychih -i /home/cloudera/aws/weychih.pem -s 1 -w 360
--instance-type=r3.large --region=us-west-2 launch eychih5

I tried to use the following command to login to the cluster:
./spark-ec2 -k weychih -i /home/cloudera/aws/weychih.pem -u hadoop
--region=us-west-2 login eychih5

The login failed.  So I used the following command to login to the cluster
as root:
./spark-ec2 -k weychih -i /home/cloudera/aws/weychih.pem  --region=us-west-2
login eychih5

As user root, I copied its .ssh directory to /home/hadoop/.  And I logged in
again as hadoop using the following command:
./spark-ec2 -k weychih -i /home/cloudera/aws/weychih.pem -u hadoop
--region=us-west-2 login eychih5

The login succeeded.  However the Hadoop evironment was not set up with the
evidence that the command 'which hadoop' can not find the command hadoop
under /usr/bin:

I would like to know if there is anything wrong with my setup or I need to
do more.  By the way I also tried ssh as hadoop to a master I created
previously.  It worked for several times (i.e. the hadoop environment is set
up correctly) without copying the root .ssh to the /home/hadoop directory.
However, afterwords, ssh was no longer working.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ey-Chih Chow