spark-user mailing list archives

From Michael Albert <m_albert...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject a vague question, but perhaps it might ring a bell
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 01:13:05 GMT
Greetings!
So, I think I have data saved so that each partition (part-r-00000, etc)is exactly what I
wan to translate into an output file of a format not related to hadoop.
I believe I've figured out how to tell Spark to read the data set without re-partitioning
(in another post I mentioned this -- I have a non-splitable InputFormat).
I do something like   mapPartitionWithIndex( (partId, iter) =>            conf
= new Configuration()           fs = Filesystem.get(conf)           strm = fs.create(new
Path(...))            //  write data to stream          strm.close() // in finally
block }
This runs for a few hundred input files (so each executors sees 10's of files),and it chugs
along nicely, then suddenly everything shuts down.I can restart (telling it to skip the partIds
which it has already completed), and itchugs along again for a while (going past the previous
stopping point) and again dies.
I am a t a loss.  This work for the first 10's of files (so it runs for about 1hr) then quits,and
I see no useful error information (no Exceptions except the stuff below.I'm not shutting it
down.
Any idea what I might check? I've bumped up the memory multiple times (16G currently)and fiddled
with increasing other parameters.
Thanks.Exception in thread "main" org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job cancelled because SparkContext
was shut down    at org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$cleanUpAfterSchedulerStop$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:694)
  at org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$cleanUpAfterSchedulerStop$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:693)
  at scala.collection.mutable.HashSet.foreach(HashSet.scala:79)    at org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.cleanUpAfterSchedulerStop(DAGScheduler.scala:693)
  at org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGSchedulerEventProcessActor.postStop(DAGScheduler.scala:1399)
  at akka.actor.dungeon.FaultHandling$class.akka$actor$dungeon$FaultHandling$$finishTerminate(FaultHandling.scala:201)
  at akka.actor.dungeon.FaultHandling$class.terminate(FaultHandling.scala:163)    at akka.actor.ActorCell.terminate(ActorCell.scala:338)
  at akka.actor.ActorCell.invokeAll$1(ActorCell.scala:431)    at akka.actor.ActorCell.systemInvoke(ActorCell.scala:447)
  at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processAllSystemMessages(Mailbox.scala:262)