spark-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Thom <Christopher.T...@quantium.com.au>
Subject python API for gradient boosting?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:19:21 GMT
Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows when a python API will be added for Gradient Boosted Trees? I see
that java and scala APIs were added for the 1.2 release, and would love to be able to build
GBMs in pyspark too. I find the convenience of being able to use numpy + scipy + matplotlib
pretty compelling.

As an alternative, if it'll be a while before this API is implemented, does anyone have suggestions
for scala replacements for the above python libraries?

cheers
chris

Christopher Thom
QUANTIUM
Level 25, 8 Chifley, 8-12 Chifley Square
Sydney NSW 2000

T: +61 2 8222 3577
F: +61 2 9292 6444

W: quantium.com.au<www.quantium.com.au>

linkedin.com/company/quantium<www.linkedin.com/company/quantium>

facebook.com/QuantiumAustralia<www.facebook.com/QuantiumAustralia>

twitter.com/QuantiumAU<www.twitter.com/QuantiumAU>

The contents of this email, including attachments, may be confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of the information is unauthorised.
If you have received this email in error, we would be grateful if you would notify us immediately
by email reply, phone (+ 61 2 9292 6400) or fax (+ 61 2 9292 6444) and delete the message
from your system.