spark-user mailing list archives

From "Ganelin, Ilya" <Ilya.Gane...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: spark challenge: zip with next???
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 21:32:23 GMT
Make a copy of your RDD with an extra entry in the beginning to offset. The you can zip the
two RDDs and run a map to generate an RDD of differences.

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: derrickburns [derrickrburns@gmail.com<mailto:derrickrburns@gmail.com>]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 02:52 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: spark challenge: zip with next???

Here is a spark challenge for you!

I have a data set where each entry has a date.  I would like to identify
gaps in the dates greater larger a given length.  For example, if the data
were log entries, then the gaps would tell me when I was missing log data
for long periods of time. What is the most efficient way to achieve this in
Spark?