spark-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark and S3 server side encryption
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:37:10 GMT
Adding on what Thomas said. There have been a few bug fixes for s3a since Hadoop 2.6.0 was
released. One example is HADOOP-11446.
The fixes would be in Hadoop 2.7.0

Cheers

> On Jan 27, 2015, at 1:41 AM, Thomas Demoor <thomas.demoor@amplidata.com> wrote:
>
> Spark uses the Hadoop filesystems.
>
> I assume you are trying to use s3n:// which, under the hood, uses the 3rd party jets3t
library. It is configured through the jets3t.properties file (google "hadoop s3n jets3t")
which you should put on Spark's classpath. The setting you are looking for is s3service.server-side-encryption

> The last version of hadoop (2.6) introduces a new and improved s3a:// filesystem which
has the official sdk from Amazon under the hood.