spark-user mailing list archives

From Paco Nathan <cet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark Trainings/ Professional certifications
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 17:18:52 GMT
Hi Saurabh,

In your area, Big Data Partnership provides Spark training:
http://www.bigdatapartnership.com/

As Sean mentioned, there is a certification program via a partnership
between O'Reilly Media and Databricks http://www.oreilly.com/go/sparkcert
 That is offered in two ways, in-person at events such as Strata + Hadoop
World http://strataconf.com/  and also an online test managed through
Kryterion. Sign up on the O'Reilly page.

There are also two MOOCs starting soon on edX through University of
California:

Intro to Big Data with Apache Spark
by Prof. Anthony Joseph, UC Berkeley
begins Feb 23
https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-big-data-apache-spark-uc-berkeleyx-cs100-1x#.VK1pkmTF8gk

Scalable Machine Learning
Prof. Ameet Talwalkar, UCLA
begins Apr 14
https://www.edx.org/course/scalable-machine-learning-uc-berkeleyx-cs190-1x#.VK1pkmTF8gk

For coaching, arguably you might be best to talk with consultants
especially for near-term needs. Contact me off-list and I can help provide
intros in your area.

Thanks,
Paco