spark-user mailing list archives

From Jianguo Li <flyingfromch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does the kFold in Spark always give you the same split?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:27:39 GMT
Thanks. I did specify a seed parameter.

Seems that the problem is not caused by kFold. I actually ran another
experiment without cross validation. I just built a model with the training
data and then tested the model on the test data. However, the accuracy
still varies from one run to another. Interestingly, this only happens when
I ran the experiment on our cluster. If I ran the experiment on my local
machine, I can reproduce the result each time. Has anybody encountered
similar issue before?

Thanks,

Jianguo