spark-user mailing list archives

From Cui Lin <cui....@hds.com>
Subject Re: Web Service + Spark
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2015 20:15:10 GMT
Thanks, Gaurav and Corey,

Probably I didn’t make myself clear. I am looking for best Spark practice similar to Shiny
for R, the analysis/visualziation results can be easily published to web server and shown
from web browser. Or any dashboard for Spark?

Best regards,

Cui Lin

From: gtinside <gtinside@gmail.com<mailto:gtinside@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, January 9, 2015 at 7:45 PM
To: Corey Nolet <cjnolet@gmail.com<mailto:cjnolet@gmail.com>>
Cc: Cui Lin <Cui.Lin@hds.com<mailto:Cui.Lin@hds.com>>, "user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>"
<user@spark.apache.org<mailto:user@spark.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Web Service + Spark

You can also look at Spark Job Server https://github.com/spark-jobserver/spark-jobserver

- Gaurav

On Jan 9, 2015, at 10:25 PM, Corey Nolet <cjnolet@gmail.com<mailto:cjnolet@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Cui Lin,

The solution largely depends on how you want your services deployed (Java web container, Spray
framework, etc...) and if you are using a cluster manager like Yarn or Mesos vs. just firing
up your own executors and master.

I recently worked on an example for deploying Spark services inside of Jetty using Yarn as
the cluster manager. It forced me to learn how Spark wires up the dependencies/classpaths.
If it helps, the example that resulted from my tinkering is located at [1].

[1] https://github.com/calrissian/spark-jetty-server

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Cui Lin <cui.lin@hds.com<mailto:cui.lin@hds.com>>