Hi Cheng,

Are you saying that by setting up the lineage schemaRdd.keyBy(_.getString(1)).partitionBy(new HashPartitioner(n)).values.applySchema(schema)
then Spark SQL will know that an SQL “group by” on Customer Code will not have to shuffle?

But the prepared will have already shuffled so we pay an upfront cost for future groupings (assuming we cache I suppose)

Mick