I have seen that link. I am using RDD of Byte Array n Kryo serialization. Inside mapPartition when I measure time it is never more than 1 ms whereas total time took by application is like 30 min. Codebase has lot of dependencies. I m trying to come up with a simple version where I can reproduce this problem.
Also GC timings reported by spark ui is always in the range of 3~4%of total time.