spark-user mailing list archives

From NORD SC <jan.algermis...@nordsc.com>
Subject Logstash as a source?
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2015 22:05:34 GMT
Hi,

I plan to have logstash send log events (as key value pairs) to spark streaming using Spark
on Cassandra.

Being completely fresh to Spark, I have a couple of questions:

- is that a good idea at all, or would it be better to put e.g. Kafka in between to handle
traffic peeks
  (IOW: how and how well would Spark Streaming handle peeks?)

- Is there already a logstash-source implementation for Spark Streaming

- assuming there is none yet and assuming it is a good idea: I’d dive into writing it myself
- what would the core advice be to avoid biginner traps?

Jan