spark-user mailing list archives

From "Cheng, Hao" <hao.ch...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Extract hour from Timestamp in Spark SQL
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 02:42:43 GMT
Are you using the SQLContext? I think the HiveContext is recommended.

Cheng Hao

From: Wush Wu [mailto:wush@bridgewell.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:24 PM
To: user@spark.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Extract hour from Timestamp in Spark SQL

Dear all,

I am new to Spark SQL and have no experience of Hive.
I tried to use the built-in Hive Function to extract the hour from timestamp in spark sql,
but got : "java.util.NoSuchElementException: key not found: hour"
How should I extract the hour from timestamp?
And I am very confusing about which functions I could use in Spark SQL. Is there any list
of available functions except  http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.2.0/sql-programming-guide.html#compatibility-with-apache-hive
?
Thanks,
Wush