What application are you running? Here's a few things:

- You will hit bottleneck on CPU if you are doing some complex computation (like parsing a json etc.)
- You will hit bottleneck on Memory if your data/objects used in the program is large (like defining playing with HashMaps etc inside your map* operations), Here you can set spark.executor.memory to a higher number and also you can change the spark.storage.memoryFraction whose default value is 0.6 of your executor memory.
- Network will be a bottleneck if data is not available locally on one of the worker and hence it has to collect it from others, which is a lot of Serialization and data transfer across your cluster.

Thanks
Best Regards