spark-user mailing list archives

From Justin Pihony <justin.pih...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark SQL Static Analysis
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 20:53:48 GMT
I am pretty sure that I saw a presentation where SparkSQL could be executed
with static analysis, however I cannot find the presentation now, nor can I
find any documentation or research papers on the topic. So, I am curious if
there is indeed any work going on for this topic. The two things I would be
interested in would be to be able to gain compile time safety, as well as
gain the ability to work on my data as a type instead of a row (ie,
result.map(x=>x.Age) instead of having to use Row.get)