spark-user mailing list archives

From fanooos <dev.fano...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any problem in having a long opened connection to spark sql thrift server
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:41:45 GMT
I have some applications developed using PHP and currently we have a problem
in connecting these applications to spark sql thrift server. ( Here is the
problem I am talking about.
<http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Connection-PHP-application-to-Spark-Sql-thrift-server-td21925.html>

)

Until I find a solution to this problem, there is a suggestion to make a
little java application that connects to spark sql thrift server and provide
an API to the PHP applications to executes the required queries.

>From my little experience, opening a connection and closing it for each
query is not recommended (I am talking from my experience in working with
CRUD applications the deals with some kind of database).

1- Is the same recommendation applied to working with spark sql thrift
server ?
2- If yes, Is there any problem in having one connection connected for a
long time with the spark sql thrift server?