spark-user mailing list archives

From cpalm3 <cpa...@gmail.com>
Subject S3 SubFolder Write Issues
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 04:45:07 GMT
Hi All,

I am hoping someone has seen this issue before with S3, as I haven't been
able to find a solution for this problem.

When I try to save as Text file to s3 into a subfolder, it only ever writes
out to the bucket level folder
and produces block level generated file names and not my output folder as I
specified.
Below is the sample code in Scala, I have also seen this behavior in the
Java code.

 val out =  inputRdd.map {ir => mapFunction(ir)}.groupByKey().mapValues { x
=> mapValuesFunction(x) }
   .saveAsTextFile("s3://BUCKET/SUB_FOLDER/output"

Any ideas on how to get saveAsTextFile to write to an S3 subfolder?

Thanks,
Chris