spark-user mailing list archives

From hseagle <hsxup...@gmail.com>
Subject Does spark-1.3.0 support the analytic functions defined in Hive, such as row_number, rank
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:14:31 GMT
Hi all,

     I'm wondering whether the latest spark-1.3.0 supports the windowing and
analytic funtions in hive, such as row_number, rank and etc.

     Indeed, I've done some testing by using spark-shell and found that
row_number is not supported yet.

     But I still found that there were some test case related to row_number
and other analytics functions. These test cases is defined in
sql/hive/target/scala-2.10/test-classes/ql/src/test/queries/clientpositive/windowing_multipartitioning.q

    So my question is divided into two parts, One is whether the analytics
function is supported or not, the othere one is that if it's not supported
why there are still some test cases

hseagle