spark-user mailing list archives

From davidshen84 <davidshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why KMeans with mllib is so slow ?
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:04:17 GMT
Hi Jao,

Sorry to pop up this old thread. I am have the same problem like you did. I
want to know if you have figured out how to improve k-means on Spark.

I am using Spark 1.2.0. My data set is about 270k vectors, each has about
350 dimensions. If I set k=500, the job takes about 3hrs on my cluster. The
cluster has 7 executors, each has 8 cores...

If I set k=5000 which is the required value for my task, the job goes on
forever...

Thanks,
David