spark-user mailing list archives

From "Cheng, Hao" <hao.ch...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Connection PHP application to Spark Sql thrift server
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 13:15:32 GMT
Can you query upon Hive? Let's confirm if it's a bug of SparkSQL in your PHP code first.

-----Original Message-----
From: fanooos [mailto:dev.fanooos@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2015 4:57 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Connection PHP application to Spark Sql thrift server

We have two applications need to connect to Spark Sql thrift server.

The first application is developed in java. Having spark sql thrift server running, we following
the steps in  this link <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveServer2+Clients#HiveServer2Clients-JDBC>
and the application connected smoothly without any problem.

The second application is developed in PHP. We followed the steps provided in  this link <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveClient#HiveClient-PHP>
.  When hitting the php script, the spark sql thrift server throws this exception.

15/03/05 11:53:19 ERROR TThreadPoolServer: Error occurred during processing of message.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
	at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:219)
	at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:189)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
	at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:132)
	at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
	at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.receiveSaslMessage(TSaslTransport.java:182)
	at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.handleSaslStartMessage(TSaslServerTransport.java:125)
	at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:253)
	at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.open(TSaslServerTransport.java:41)
	at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:216)
	... 4 more

I searched a lot about this exception but I can not figure out what is the problem.